Monday, August 04, 2008

The Pitfalls Of Working From Home

Today's post from Guest Blogger Amanda:
--------------------------------------

So I'm interviewing this guy for a job at the firm today (over the phone), when Leon's Red Sox bottle opener (the kind that talks when you open a bottle) decides to malfunction.

In the middle of this nice gentleman giving me his spiel on why he's dying to work for my company, we hear, "Way back! Way back! Grand Slam! The Red Sox win this one folks!". Twice.

Luckily, I got it together enough to find the mute button on the phone and throw the opener in a drawer, but not before the guy got completely flustered and confused. Oops.

Meanwhile, I'm laughing so hard, I'm about to pee my pants. Didn't pay attention to a word the guy said. I'm passing him along to the next phase. I figure it's the least I can do.

5 comments:

dilettante07 said...

Amanda is brilliant and hilarious. You should have her as a guest blogger more often.

And Leon sounds hot.

Brutalism said...

Amanda is brilliant and hilarious. And Leon is hot. Stalker.

dilettante07 said...

Can I get McCain Frequent Flyer Points by posting some of his talking points on this blog?

Did you know that McCain has an energy policy? And an economic policy? No? Well now you do!

Can I ride the Straight Talk Express now?

-Hot Leon

Brutalism said...

Dear Hot Leon -- Are you really going to South Africa? And THAT is more important than Ray and Will's party? Seriously? Priorities, man -- priorities...

Brutalism said...

You love McCain.