Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'll Probably Blow The Whole Illusion By Referring To Them As "Crescents"

A couple of years ago, I remember Oprah Winfrey (because the last name is necessary) saying that she ordered croissants from Williams Sonoma to have on Christmas morning. This was after she had "defeated fat" and was allowing herself carbs only one day a year and thus chose this particular way in which to indulge.

I've been intrigued since then. I may not be able to afford the $50 million house in Montecito (this year), but in some small way I could feel as rich as the richest woman on the planet, if only through the magic of mail-order frozen pastry.

So, this year, I went ahead and splurged. I ordered some chocolate croissants from Williams Sonoma so that Canetto and Avery and I can have them Christmas morning (with coffee and mimosas...I'm already drooling).

We received them a few days ago (packaged in dry ice so they stayed frozen and weighing a ton...I'm hoping it's all the butter), ironically arriving on the same day that Oprah announced she's fat again.

10 comments:

Dilettard07 said...

News Flash: dilettante07 announced to me one week ago that Oprah is fat again. She scooped Oprah!

And if she's only eating carbs one day a year, well holy hogs' hocks!

Brutalism said...

My sense of time is terrible. It prolly was a week ago that the "news" came out.

Sheesh. Semantics.

Anonymous said...

I can smell them, Mingie:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=7563131

Ri. Short for Maria. Not pronounced like the bread. said...

Well, you DEFINITELY have to play this while you're eating them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo

And, I think all three of you should be wearing candy cane striped berets, and sneering..

dilettante07 said...

I hope you remembered that you invited me and Dilettard over for breakfast on 12/25. Since it's my only day for carbs, I will prolly eat 3 crescents.

Brutalism said...

Dilettante/Dilettard -- my crescents are your crescents (and apparently, Tim's, based on the incriminating Xmas party photos...)

We're planning on having them at 5:30am Christmas morning -- see you then!

Brutalism said...

By the way, Dilettante, I want you to call them "crescents" while drinking your fancy pants French Press coffee...

Brutalism said...

Ri -- and doing the haughty French laugh, "hauh hauh HAUH"

dilettante07 said...

We'll just sleep over the night before--that way you can bring them to us in bed.

We think of everything, don't we?

Brutalism said...

I will totally call your bluff. Come over on Christmas Eve. Drink adult beverages and play with our Wii (giggle giggle).