Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Twist And Shout

When working for the network security company, a couple co-workers and I decided to take an ice cream cone break to McDonald's across the street from our office.

Now, this was a particularly stressful time at work and this ice cream break was truly the highlight of our day, natch -- our week. We all were so looking forward to getting out of the office for a few minutes and having the McCone.

While in line at the drive through, one of the co-workers insisted that this particular McDonald's had the chocolate and vanilla twist cone. As something of an expert in the McDonald's cone arena, I was stunned! Hadn't they discontinued this cone years ago? Was this bizarro McDonald's? Was life and I had known it with no twist cone coming to an end?

When it was our turn to order, a primarily Spanish-speaking employee took our order. I asked, "is it true that you have the chocolate and vanilla twist cone?" and the employee said, "yes", so I gleefully said, "Great! We'll have three twist cones, please" and the McDonald's employee replied:

"em....we have jees banilla, ma'am"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?