Monday, May 14, 2012

Famous Men I've Touched

Thursday, I did my first-ever speaking engagement at the Vale School House in Oakton, Virginia, and I loved every.single.second. and did not want it to end. During the evening, I shared this reading of one of my favorite posts:


(NOTE: I did omit mention of the "euphemisms for masturbation" category during my reading. And I think that was the right choice. Although for the record, I'm sure the category would have been included in the double jeopardy round and that "What is Shaking hands with Abraham Lincoln?" would have been the answer to a daily double.)

People laughed in all the right places, with the exception of after the line about "cities I've thrown up in". (Vomit haters.) And then, during the Q&A portion of the evening, someone inquired, "Who are the famous men you've touched?" And I drew a  complete blank. Seriously? Was my misspent youth so crazy that I cannot even remember all of the famous men with whom I've had skin-to-skin contact?

That night, I went home and compiled the names of these men, so I'll be ready the next time someone asks. (My humorist career should skyrocket after killing with the SRO crowd at the school house, so I'm guessing that the next person who asks me this will likely be Anderson Cooper. And if so, I'll make sure he is added to the list.)

Listed in order of importance, based on what each has contributed to humanity from greatest contributions to most minimal contributions, I give you...the list of famous men I've touched:

Joe E. Tata ("Nat" from the Peach Pit on Beverly Hills 90210)
Jeff Cockey
Jeffrey Ross
Todd Glass (He announced that he was gay shortly after. I'm sure this is unrelated.)
Tom Selleck
Joe Mantegna
Jerry Mathers (who really likes my beaver shot, BTW)
Joe Frazier
John Riggins
Buzz Aldrin
Jimmy Carter  (Sure, Jimmy Carter won the Nobel Peace Prize...but did he teach Dylan McKay responsibility?)

I'll never wash my hands again,
Brutalism

11 comments:

dilettante07 said...

Surely you touched Harry Connick Jr.

Anyone at the Vanity Fair parties? Perhaps you could consult your spreadsheet on that one???

I'm worried that your memory is fading.

Brutalism said...

Don't know that I touched many at the Vanity Fair party. And I did not touch Harry Connick, Jr. These are some of my biggest regrets.

Sarah said...

Do you mean to tell me that you have touched TOM SELLECK and have not written a post about it? Why????? I want details!

FUNNY video! Love the Jeopardy post!

Mary said...

I thoroughly enjoyed hearing you speak on Thursday and am having fun reading your blog. Here is a link to the whimsical and quirky blog that my friend's daughter sketches and writes. She is so stylish and amusing at the same time! http://www.inslee.net/blog/

Christian at Point Counter-Point Point Point said...

Forgetting the famous men you touched and now missing a perfect opportunity to do the "and don't call me Shirley" joke with Delettante07's comment?

All that cutting back on alcohol stuff you were/are doing obviously doesn't agree with you.

Brutalism said...

Sarah - To this day, I am so sad that I never got the photo. I had a great one of just me and Tom. And he is even more handsome in person. He was one of the many celebrities I met while working the Charlton Heston Celebrity Shoot in Dana Point, California. (Also? Ricky Shroeder and Ian Ziering...) But I never touched them.

Brutalism said...

Mary - It was great to meet you, and thanks so much for coming to the event. Your friend's daughter is ridiculously talented. What a cool blog. Thanks for sharing!

Brutalism said...

Christian - - to my credit, I do remember all of the family events where I saw my grandfather in boxer shorts. Should I share or save that for therapy?

I DO need a drink. I suck when I'm abstaining.

dilettante07 said...

If you abstain in Ittly (correct spelling, just ask dilettard), you are dead to me.

Anonymous said...

Does Joe E. Tata really require an explanation in parentheses? Are people really that misinformed?

Sac Chane pas cher said...

La mode est certainement un concept spécial, il peut être important, non signifiant simplement être très attirante, en outre, il est eyepleasing et fonctionnel est recommandé, ccueil qu'il va mourir tout de Sac Chanel Tote suite. Le sac à main Chanel peut être mis en évidence sur la définition de la mode. Le élégance irrésistible et mystère subvenir à vos besoins que vous portez les sacs à main Chanel. Cette conception unique non seulement vous rappelle appartenant à la journée pur bon vieu, mais indique en outre l'avenir naturel et paisible. Sérieusement parlant, le sac Chanel a longtemps été une conclusion parmi un grand nombre de célébrités d'autres de sorte qu'il ne devrait pas être surprenant de voir ceu qui un véritable sac. Ici, nous allons partager des formulaires de remorquage du handbags.On Chanel du style etremely prestigieuse est un 2.55 de Chanel sac à main. Le 2.55 de Chanel sac à main utilisé pour être un point de repère dans le royaume sac à main. Le sac est tout aussi légendaire depuis sa designerCoco Chanel chanel magasiner. La version sac continue d'être aimé par la plupart des gens et Mischa Barton inclus. Donc, si l'Mischa Barton porter les bagages, je ne suis pas très sentir ce genre de coiffure (si c'est ce qu'elle l'appelle), étant donné qu'il fait en quelque sorte son regard sur l'âge de son âge. Au lieu de montrer la meilleure chose au sujet de son visage, ses cheveu ne couvre que tout ce dont vous avez besoin vers le haut. Vous peutêtre ne voir Barton récemment, mais elle est aussi fabuleu à regarder comme elle est toujours. Elle a été repéré portant le 2.55 de Chanel luurious sac à main et vêtu d'une blouse d'or. Noir et or, ainsi que les contreparties ne peut pas être mieu. Une autre technique populaire des sacs à main serait le rabat Chanel. Elle sera en souriant sous le soleil portait un jean en lambeau, un chandail belle et portant un sac à main Chanel Flap intemporelle qui ajoute glamour plus sophistiqué relatives à l'ensemble. Sacs à main Chanel sont bien connues pour la simplicité et le confort chanel sac mademoiselle. Ils ne peuvent pas vous souffler à commencer par la vue, mais est généralement un compagnon fiable avec chacun de vos jusqu'à la fin pour ceu qui l'élégance intemporelle. Puisque vous suppose qu'il apparaît comme un sac relativement plus grande, mais en réalité il est certainement beaucoup moins grande. Contrairement à la place habituelle comme sac Chanel tout comme le Chanel commercial Grand fourretout, le shopping Petite fourretout et donc le Portobello Chanel fourretout, sa forme vous prendra sentiment de mince et élancée. Dans le blanc en haut avec le noir sur le fond, le sac ne sera pas taché facilement. Vous avez sans doute méritent la compagnie avec cette bag.It classique Chanel est bien connu comment le sac à main Chanel est l'une parmi les sacs élégants et différente Lequel des énoncés suivants dans le chic d'une manière spéciale. Ainsi, vous avez besoin de modèle de bien vaut la section des coûts de celuici. Articles connees sacs chanel, sacs à main Chanel, Chanel 2.55, deuième main, de seconde main chanel, sacs à main, chanel sac, embrayage Envoyer cette article à un ami chanel escompte! Recevez articles comme celuici directement sur votre bo! Abonnezvous gratuitement dès aujourd'hui Chanel Classic Sac!