One of my best friends get daily drilling reports for the projects on which her company is working.
And if you've never been privy to one of these (and if you have not, I suggest you make a friend in drilling right away and ask them to include you on their report distribution), understand that they always include gems such as these:
- Ran string and plumb-bob down annulus
- Circulated annulus clean
- Nippled up BOPE on test stump, fabricated choke lines
- Nippled up spacer spool, double gate, and riser
- Test casing and blind rams
- Pre-heat and butt welded
- Toolpusher: (colleague's name listed) (Not as bad as "Team Diarrhea" but still)
- Current Operations: POOH and lay down
- Mud in the annulus
And this is why now instead of toasting with our longtime favorite cheer of "Prost!" we now toast each other with "Here's Mud in your Annulus!"
And which is also why we find that no one wants to go out with us anymore.