Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sphincter-rific!

I went to my OB/GYN yesterday for my annual appointment.

He and his nurse are very, very nice. She always remembers that I refer to Tim as "Canetto" and says "be sure to tell Canetto I said Hi". The doctor has five daughters of his own that we talk about and always greets me with a kiss on the cheek and asks all about Avery. He's a big teddy bear kind of a guy. It's just a very friendly office.

Oh, and then he sticks his thumb up my butt.

This began at last year's appointment. I was shocked. I finally got up the courage to talk to the dilettantes about it (nope...they'd never had that happen) and one lucky guy friend (hey there, Scott -- we've got no boundaries, do we?) and cannot figure out why the doctor does this. I'm sure there's a medical reason, but don't know what it would be and cannot find information anywhere. And if you think I'm going to ASK HIM about this -- well, not in this lifetime.

4 comments:

dilettante07 said...

I can't believe this hasn't generated some better google ads. Very disappointing.

Laura said...

You are really getting it up the ass with that doctor. Sounds like he's just doing it for fun.

JenBC said...

Inexplicably, women doctors do it too. Maybe I'll ass-k why. Punny. Next time, try singing "Oh I'm... in the mood for glove..."

Great. Now I feel all ick.

Brutalism said...

Okay...I'm dying over the Fletch reference. And glad I'm not the only one. The internet -- bringing people together one disturbing experience at a time.