Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gut Reaction

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, I woke up feeling as though I had gone a few rounds in the ultimate fighting octagon. My body ached, my head throbbed, I was nauseated...kind of what I imagine being in a relationship with Chris Brown must feel like. (Still too soon?)

First, I thought this was caused by some yogurt sauce I had eaten after spending all morning at the zoo in the hot sun. Gak. Then, I found out a few others from a dinner party I attended on Friday night had the same symptoms, so we tried to trace it back to anything we could have eaten or drunk that night. We had no luck, though the hostess did promise to never again let her dog lick the cilantro clean. (Not a euphemism.)

We're pretty sure it was just a stomach bug that is going around. I do have to say, that when the mere thought of food was making me sick and I was feeling horrible, my friends were so supportive and caring. Like Lisa...who offered to make me a nice curry and yogurt sauce casserole, topped with warm mayonnaise and a slab of cod.

Still eating bland food because I am a terrible cook just to be safe,
Brutalism

11 comments:

Dilettard07 said...

Bug, food poisoning, or psychosomatic addict insane, it matters little to me. Part of life...and a small price to pay for the "Mexican S'mores" at the end of the night.

I just want to be the Quimby next time.

Brutalism said...

Tard - You say "Quimby" I say "Lucky Pierre". Tomato/tomatoh...whatever you call them...they are definitely the best part of a Mexican S'more.

ShutUpandRun said...

Such a coincidence. My dog just licked my cilantro clean today.

Hope you feel better.

Dilettard07 said...

Given SUR's comment, I have to check back in. I love the secret word that autogenerated during this visit to Brutalism's comment section:

dogynol

Moooooog35 said...

If licking your cilantro clean is wrong, I don't want to be right.

That WAS a euphemism.

Brutalism said...

SU&R - "My one-eyed dog just licked my cilantro clean" has to be a euphemism. Or my favorite country song, ever.

Tard - Don't dogynol my cilantro, perv.

Mooooog - Cilantro is the fobidden herb. I don't know what that means, but it made me laugh.

YinMetYang said...

Lisa sounds like a lovely person and I'm sure she was just trying to help (make you vomit) in her own (sick and twisted) way.

Brutalism said...

YMY - Lisa is a truly lovely person who has now made "slab of cod" my favorite "go to" phrase. (Remember "plate of shrimp" from Repo Man that was used to denote a coincidence or serendipitous event? Slab of cod is my new plate of shrimp.)

Now, I am definitely going to throw up.

YinMetYang said...

"It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness. "

Brutalism said...

"Put it on a plate...you'll enjoy it more."

The Absurdist said...

If you think a one-eyed dog is bad have you seen the mascots for the 2012 London Olympics?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/may/19/london-olympics-2012-mascot

No, not kidding. This is real.

Keep it away from my cilantro.

PS: My cerification word is 'multar' which would make a good name for a one-eyed, cilantro-licking Brit. Assuming it came here to kick Mothra's ass.