Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tom Swifties

I remember these from when I was a kid and totally love them:

“Who would want to steal modern art?" asked Tom abstractedly.
“There's room for one more," Tom admitted.
"My investments are worth more every day," said Tom appreciatively
“I’ll never pat a lion again,” Tom said offhandedly.
“My pencil is broken,” Tom said pointlessly.
"I fought with Geronimo," said Tom bravely.
"Here's your allowance for the next two weeks," Tom advanced.
"I have to keep this fire alight," Tom bellowed.
"This wind is awful," blustered Tom.
"I've only enough carpet for the hall and landing," said Tom with a blank stare.
"I think I'll use a different font," said Tom boldly.
"I presented my case to the judge," Tom said briefly.
"Use your own toothbrush!" Tom bristled.

No comments: