Sunday, September 21, 2008
Oktoberfest 2008, What I Learned:
1) When I walk through a crowded party with a huge tray of hot pretzels and proclaim, "something hot and delicious coming through...oh, and I have pretzels, too" -- I am the one who is laughing the hardest.
2) German words? Inherently funny.
3) Every year, it becomes funnier to discuss who likes the short, fat wieners (knackwurst) and who likes the longer, thinner ones (brats).
4) My friends can drain a keg in less than three hours.
5) Some years, we are smart enough to not jump in the pool.
6) That it make take a few minutes on Sunday morning to recall why there are ten thousand goldfish crackers crunching underfoot, one in my bed and a few in the sun room (along with some kind of pharmaceutical).
Posted by Brutalism at 7:29 PM