Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Really Hope That's A Gun In His Pocket...

Petro called this morning. A quick check of weather.com indicated that hell had not, in fact, frozen over, so I determined that he must need something.

And he did. He is interviewing for a job with our former employer. An employer who DOES NOT HATE FREEDOM. It is such a small world that it turns out he's interviewing with the same guy I interviewed with a couple of years ago when I was going back to work after a short stint as a stay-at-home-mom. Different position, though. Anyway, Petro needs me as a reference. Kind of hilarious when you think about it. He's using me as a reference with a guy who decided not to hire me. That should give him quite a bit of credibility. (Although, after not hiring me, this guy did hire me to do some freelance writing at a ridiculously high hourly rate, so I guess he didn't think I was a total moron.) (Stay with me here. Rationalization makes me happy.)

Petro and I worked together for this employer who is FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS for years back in the 90s, and then again in the early 2000s for an Internet start-up company. Before it was even trendy, he was totally my work husband. My work husband who CHEATED ON ME WITH SKANKY CO-WORKERS AND HAD A SECRET GAY LOVER. (I see that and raise him a Smelly Dave.)

Anyway, we're going to try and "do lunch" sometime next week to catch up. Last time we tried this, I went into labor and blew him off. (I'm inconsiderate like that.)

(There, Petro, are you happy? An entire post devoted to you.)

No comments: