Saturday, June 28, 2008

Overheard At Sephora

It rained last night, so we took Avery to the kid pit at the mall to let her burn off some energy. Tim stayed with her while I ran to Sephora to buy yet more beauty products. (I've spent a ton on this kind of stuff in the past month or so. Figuring, I guess, that if I take more time dolling up my hair and face, people won't focus as much on my gimpy elephantine knees and the fact that I walk like I'm 80.)

I looked all over for a Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I finally found it and was reaching for it at exactly the same time a woman who could have walked off the "Married to the Mob" set was (she had huge hair, very blue eyeshadow and a very, very loud shirt with plastic hoop earrings that matched it perfectly).

A salesperson walked by at exactly this time and mentioned, "that is the best eyelash curler made." I said, "I'm glad you said that, I've heard really good things about it."

Married to the Mob (MTTM) bellowed, "DOES THIS COME WITH EXTRA RUBBERS?"

The salesperson said, "it comes with one replacement silicone pad, if that's what you mean."

MTTM screamed, "ONE RUBBER? FOR THAT PRICE? FORGET IT. I'M GOING TO WAL-MART."

Oh, well...they probably have a better selection of blue mascara there, anyway.

(Saucer of milk, please.)

No comments: