Friday, June 13, 2008

Walking On Sunshine

I am officially stitch-less! Hooray!

My visit to Dr. Handsome began with the PA (that's PHYSICIAN assistant, not PRODUCTION assistant, my LA friends) removing my stitches. I did not feel a thing. And...he said to me, "you don't look like you just had surgery" because I am now walking normally.

Then, Dr. Handsome showed me the before-and-after shots of the inside of my knee. I love medical technology. They did find a little pre-arthritic stuff...but cleaned it up. He said that in 85% of all cases, people don't experience symptoms again, so I'm (of course) hoping for that. There's no way to tell who will and who won't, so he said the best things to do are (in his words), "stay thin like you are" >swoon< and "resume physical activity in 7-10 days."

I asked if I could wear high heels again and he said, "I actually prefer you in them." (Maybe I'm not remembering that exactly as he said it, it may have been more along the lines of, "yes, that's fine.")

I also asked if it was okay that I traipse all over Sesame Place tomorrow and he totally lit up and said, "you'll love that -- we went a couple of years ago." (I'm hoping he has kids, otherwise, that's kinda strange.)

So...my gimpiness has hopefully come to an end. I'm so happy.

No comments: