Friday, June 13, 2008

Sesame And The City

I'm seeing the Sex and the City movie tonight with two girlfriends -- both of whom were sorority sisters of mine in college. In the past year, we've gotten together for a New Year's girls' trip to Vegas, a pole dancing class, and a topless tickle fight (the last one is a fabrication, but it just seemed to fit.) (Aside: what's the difference between a circus and a sorority? One is a cunning array of stunts....)

I never watched this show when it was on TV (I'm way too cheap to pay for HBO). Although, I used to hear from a lot of people that I reminded them of Samantha. I'm hoping that's more of a physical than behavioral similarity (as does my husband, I'm sure).

This is the only grown-up event of the weekend. Tomorrow morning, Canetto, Pants and I are headed to Sesame Place near Philadelphia. We're meeting our friends there for a Father's Day weekend o' fun. Thank God Avery's school is bringing in a moon bounce for the kids today or there is no way she would have gone to school willingly. She's been begging us to leave for Sesame Place for two days now.

In addition to this fabulous, all-expenses paid trip to Sesame, part of Canetto's Father's Day gift was the picture below published in our local paper for a father's day spread they did. (Can I get a collective, "awwwwwww" here? Thanks.)

No comments: