Sunday, April 03, 2011

And So It Begins...

This weekend, my Peeps Partner in Crime (PPIC) and I took our diorama all over the DC metro area for photo ops, as we are now documenting our journey from DC to Chicago next Saturday, April 9th, to hand-deliver our diorama to the Chicago Tribune offices. This means that we ventured into DC this morning in the midst of all the insane cherry blossom crowds to get photos in front of some monuments, and then we each took photos of significant landmarks in our towns of Bethesda and Oakton. (Oakton, while lovely, has a bit of a dearth of significant landmarks. I got creative.)
See what I mean?
We also stopped by the Peeps store at the National Harbor and they set us up with a ton of swag. (Thanks so much, Dave and Eric -- you guys totally get it.)

I have a real chick on my shoulder. >groan<
In case I did not mention it, this journey will be covered by the Chicago Tribune and the Oakton Patch. We will also be tweeting about it and updating Brutalism along the way. If you are not already following me on twitter, please do -- @BrutalismBlog.

Power to the Peeps (with fist pump),
Brutalism

4 comments:

Stacey said...

There is a Peep Store!?? First the contest and now this. I know so little about what really matters. Will there be armed security to Chicago? A Secret Service detail? At the very least you need a burly person to keep the riff-raff away from Snoop...

Brutalism said...

Trucking T - My job here at Brutalism is nothing, if not to educate.

Stop laughing.

There is a Peeps store -- only one in the world...and we have it here in the DC area.

Based on the reaction we got yesterday at the Peeps store (a small mob asking lots of questions), we may need that security detail. Nice thinking.

Stacey said...

Yeah, security fo sho, you don't want to get caught up in a Peeps Gangsta Rap east coast/west coast thing. Word. (this means I am cool)

Unknown said...

How did I live in the DC area for 7 years and never know about this spot? Now that I'm in FL, I'll have to make a point of going to the Peeps store when I'm up there next time.