Thursday, April 07, 2011

Transitive Property

a) I work for a government contractor.

b) The government may be shutting down all next week.

c) Therefore, I may be on vacation all next week.

Which would be nice if I could make plans to go somewhere, but the status could change at any time and I don't want to be called back early from Tahiti, you know?

It would also be nice if I could visit some museums or the National Zoo, but alas, they will also be closed.

So, I will likely be stuck at home cleaning out the liquor cabinet closets and finally vacuuming up all of the dead ants in the sun room. Funny how long I can tolerate living with dead bodies. In a house with no cellar, especially.

I'm not good with no structure in my life. Next week could get ugly. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

dilettante07 said...

I have a ton of boxes you could unpack. You could also work on decorating my house. Just putting it out there.

Moooooog35 said...

I'm thinking 'homemade diorama weekapalooza.'

Brutalism said...

Tante - You kid. I need structure. I may offer up my services.

Moooooog - Perhaps dead ant dioramas?

dilettante07 said...

I don't kid! Those boxes aren't going to unpack themselves...

Although, I like the dioramapalooza idea better. Mostly because anything ending in palooza is sure to be a good time. Just like anything ending in "gate" is sure to NOT be a good time.

Sarah said...

I sincerely hope that the government does not shut down because I'm coming to DC to stay with you for a couple weeks (just kidding!) I'm visiting my sister with my kids and I was planning a week of museums and learning and junk. If I can't teach them some stuff and see some first lady dresses and Kermit the Frog and some space stuff, John Boehner's head is going to roll.

Brutalism said...

Tante - Can I unpack while drunk? Do you care? P.S. Meet Sarah (commenter below) who first clued me in to the "Back door guests are best" sign...

Sarah - Recently found on the Internet and bought Tante that sign as a housewarming gift (she just moved back in after having a major renovation project done). Don't threaten John Boehner -- he'll cry. No kidding on the visit during the potential strike...that would stink. Happy to provide a tour of Oakton if you are desperate...

Stacey said...

Dead Ant Dioramapolooza while drinking, unpacking AND decorating --kill all the birds with one stone. Just don't forget to vacuum up the bodies.

Spilling Ink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spilling Ink said...

I've been officially put on stress leave. I know how you feel! The stress at work seems so much more easy to deal with than sitting at home without...WORK!

P.S. Apparently the liquor cabinet ends at the back at some stage. I'm just saying. It's not infinite. Don't rely too heavily on it getting you through this.

P.P.S. I hate to remove my previous comment because apparently I can't spell. Be careful. I'm just saying.

dilettante07 said...

Wait--the liquor cabinet ends? Why did no one tell me this?