Friday, April 01, 2011

Chicago Is Fueling The Nerd Fire

In all of my excitement yesterday, I realized that I forgot to post the diorama pictures. So...here they are, along with the description of our diorama for the judges:
Our diorama pays homage to the recently-retired Larry King and the recently-blundering Alan Simpson. Focusing on the iconic aspects of the show -- the instantly-recognizable backdrop, old-fashioned microphone (made from a Tylenol caplet), and, of course, Larry's signature tie and suspenders -- this vignette portrays Snoop Dogg's response to Simpson's gaffe. (And Snoop is shown with his signature braids and sunglasses.) (ed. - nerd alert)


What do you think? Are we winning Chicago? (Click to see our entries from prior years: Blue Man Group in 2010, Whac-a-Peep in 2009 and the WGA Writer's Strike in 2008.)

PEEPS-RELATED UPDATE 1: We are definitely going to Chicago next weekend to hand-deliver this thing - we just finalized our reservations. We plan to take photos and provide blog and twitter updates during our journey.

PEEPS-RELATED UPDATE 2:  Look what Canetto sent to my office today as a congratulations on being a Peeps finalist. I don't know what was better. The sentiment (he totally gets me) or explaining to my co-workers why I got flowers today...


7 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the bedazzled backdrop! Also love Snoop's braids. And your peeps tiny incredibly detailed arms. And Peep Larry's ear hair.

Brutalism said...

Sarah - I'm proudest of those braids. My peeps partner in crime (PPIC) handled the backdrop.

dilettante07 said...

CANETTO IS A WONDERFUL MAN!!! !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brutalism said...

Tante - Love you.

Hillary said...

OMG! A bedazzler would have been such a fab idea! Next year, Sarah...
Peepily Yours, PPIC

Brutalism said...

PPIC = Peeps Partner in Crime. Which Hillary is -- My PPIC.

We are living the dream.

Stacey said...

A Peeps finalist, you must be so proud. This is your year, I'm really feeling it, protect it with your life!