Friday, April 08, 2011

I Give...And I Give...And I Give...

Today, the Oakton Patch will be posting a Q&A (at 3:00pm EST) about our journey to Chicago to deliver our diorama. As part of this interactive feature, we are asking readers to provide questions or comments (in the comments section on the Patch site) that my Peeps partner, Hillary, and I will respond to from the road, in real-time, over the next two days.

Hillary and me at my Oktoberfest party in 2009. She is pregnant. She is also Jewish and dressed as a fraulein at an Oktoberfest party. This is one of the many reasons I love Hillary. I am not pregnant. Perhaps the giant Spaten in my hand gave that away.

Ask or comment on anything relating to our journey (within reason, I do have to live here) -- we'll respond. But wait...there's more! If your question or comment is deemed the funniest one we receive throughout the weekend (based on our very detailed criteria of "what makes us laugh"), we will send you the following exclusive "At Home with Brutalism" prize pack:


That's right! You will receive a Peeps hat (direct from the only Peeps store in the entire world), a Spy vs. Spy action figure with  many violent accessories (you will understand the significance when you read the article), and a "Back Door Guests are Best" sign (because -- hilarious). (Thanks for the idea, Sarah of So...what else?)

All of this for just being funny, something you all do effortlessly every time you leave a comment on this blog. (While I don't know the exact value of this prize pack, I can say with confidence that it is more than what me and 799,999 of my closest government friends will earn all next week.)

The link to the Q&A is here. (You will be considered extra-funny in the stringent judging criteria if you also follow me on Twitter @BrutalismBlog, friend me on Facebook: Kathleen Canedo, and become a follower on this blog.)




20 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

I want the peeps hat.

It will go excellent with my tuxedo-shirt.

Unknown said...

If you had to share a jail cell with Jeffrey Dahmer (yes, I know he's dead) would you rather him be hungry or horny?

Stacey said...

Violent toys. I'm in!

Brutalism said...

Moooooog35 - You're fancy.

Diatribest - Hungry. It would creep me out if a dead guy tried to feel me up.

Again. (Ahhh..spring break '95)

That was a good practice round. Now come back at 3:00pm and post on the Patch site.

Trucking T - I expect big things from you.

Unknown said...

Janice or Animal? And you know who I am talking about and what I am asking...

Brutalism said...

Laurie - Well, definitely not Bert or Ernie (but we all knew that, didn't we?) That's a tough one. I'm really more of a Grover gal.

Gilahi said...

Oh, Animal... in a heartbeat. I dated too many Janis's (and that's the spelling, as in Joplin) during the early '70s in high school.

Fer sherrrrrrily.

Wv - upers: Another bad high school memory.

dilettante07 said...

OK--stop answering here or you'll spoil the fun! Everyone repost these comments on Patch at 3!

Or don't, and I will win the prize!

Stacey said...

We drove by a shop in Oklahoma called Back Door Bling (they also have a facebook page). Really. Diamonds are a girls best friend!

Brutalism said...

Trucking T - This is why I am so happy you blog. You share with us the millions of interesting things you see in this great country of ours. Back Door Bling sounds a little progressive for Oklahoma...shows what I know...

Trout Almondine said...

Three items to one person? So a more accurate title for the piece would have been "I give...and I give...and I give...and then I stop."

Brutalism said...

Dear Trout -- Or "I give and I give and I give and I suck."

You make a fair point.

And I love your screen name.

Ed said...

I love PEEPS.

And stop by and see me on your way to Chicago. I'm only about 2 1/2 hours south of there.

VEG said...

Good luck crazy ladies! :) Peeps were made for creativity. They sure weren't made for eating. UGH! :)

Also, "Back Door Guests are Best" made me actually snort into my coffee. HAHAHA. Dude.

Brutalism said...

Ed - See you around 10:00am. Thanks for the invite!

VA - I hear you. Every year, I think I will try Peeps (give Peeps a chance, if you will) and like them. And every year, I get one bite in and wonder who can eat that foul crap. (That, from someone who loves those orange marshmallow circus peanuts.)

Trout Almondine said...

AHEM. I believe it is later than Sunday 11:59 PM. So what gives?

Brutalism said...

Trout - I'm so behind. The Chicago whirlwind tour combined with the fact that I was counting on getting a forced vacation this week and didn't has put me way behind...I'll get there, I'll get there...

Brutalism said...

Gilahi - You need to drop in and comment more often. I don't understand half of what you said...and therefore, I like you.

Gilahi said...

Um, gosh. There didn't seem to be a communication issue when we were sitting across the table from each other at Vapiano's. Maybe I just don't come across well in text.

(For all you rumor-minded readers out there, it was a happy hour and there were lots of other people present, including my wife.)

For what it's worth, the Animal/Janis comment was in response to the previous comment about "Janice or Animal" from Laurie. The "Wv" was an attempt at humor brought about by the word verification that I had to type to post the comment (it's "vishirde" this time... can't come up with anything).

Glad you found it amusing even though it was incomprehensible. I don't usually just throw things out there willy-nilly.

Eggplant.

Brutalism said...

Gilahi - Thanks for clarifying. I have a reputation to uphold. (No, I don't. I'm just trying to be cool.) And, Hi!

Understood the Janis part. Didn't understand what the "WV" stood for...I kept getting stuck on West Virginia. Word verification makes so much more sense. (Perhaps I could use some upers.)

P.S. spork