Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Gong Show

(Aside: I actually went to a taping of The Gong Show out in LA back in the day. It was my favorite program at the time and I remember that the show I attended featured every contestant singing some version of the song "Feelings." I also remember that during a break, Chuck Barris took a bite out of an orange and then tossed the orange into the studio audience.)

I'm suddenly less clear about whether this actually happened or if it was some sort of flashback.

Anyway, the gong show I'm referring to in my Oakton Patch column today is something completely different. Check it out, or you will hurt my feelings...

...whoa, whoa, whoa...feeelllinnngssss,
Brutalism

4 comments:

Stacey said...

The Gong Show! You do the coolest things, I am so jealous. Next your gonna tell me you met Festus and then we'll have to fight.

Anonymous said...

Lloyd Thaxton

Jennifer W. S. said...

I totally remember that Feelings episode. It is the only thing I remember about that show. I remember failing to see the humor of it. Now, if I hear that song, I think of the Gong Show. I'm so jealous that you were there!

Brutalism said...

Trucking T - That was all my mom - I was too young to be making those decisions on my own. Festus? I googled that and saw something that mentioned Trucking Tumbleweed -- origin of your blog name? I'm intrigued?

Bianchii - I'll check it out. Thanks for reading.

JBS - Totally not cool enough to get this reference. Even after googling. Help!

Jen - I didn't understand the "Feelings" episode at all and was bored by it. Now I would probably find it hilarious. I loved that show. And Chuck Barris. In his post-CIA agent days...