Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On The Road Again

Damn you, Shut up and Run. You somehow make distance running seem like a good idea. It is your fault that I am going to attempt a half marathon in a few months. (Well, your fault and the fault of my friend, Amanda, who just got herself into pretty amazing shape training for a 10-miler.) You both suck.

My Oakton Patch article this week is all about what drove me to this decision. The last time I did something like this was back in 2008, when I was much younger and much more sleep-deprived.

Check out the Patch article. Wish me luck. And please pretend you never saw that photo of me not wearing makeup in the link to the marathon in 2008. (For chrissakes...I made a point to apply makeup before giving birth so I'd like the delivery room photos...and here I go posting a photo of me without makeup for the world to see.)

From really bad choices come really great stories,
Brutalism

5 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

Gah.

That marathon sounds terrible.

I don't even like walking to my car.

dilettante07 said...

With all the airtime you're giving this race, you have no choice but to do it now!

Just got back from a track workout and actually enjoyed it. I'm clearly demented.

Sarah said...

Long distance running is a TERRIBLE idea. "Runners high" does not exist. If you want to get high, take a Vicodin. It'll save you four hours, days of recovery, and a bad case of shin splints.

Brutalism said...

Moooooog - I know. But things like this are the only reason I ever get off my butt. That, and a fear of having my lifeless body removed from my house with a crane when I die.

Tante - That is the point. It's out there. I'm committed. And you're demented. Nobody likes a track workout, nut job.

Sarah - I like the way you think. I may pop a few of those and convince myself I ran a half marathon. Thanks!

dilettante07 said...

Don't be silly, I'm sure we could just slide you out the bay window. We won't need a crane.