Friday, April 11, 2008

Smartypants Is The New Black

I had a short work day yesterday. Spent about six hours reviewing tape at a studio in Maryland...and another couple hours doing the drive to and from. I picked Avery up about an hour earlier than I normally do, and since it was beautiful outside, we decided to take the cats out back so they could sun themselves and eat grass.

I got a beer and Avery got a juice box and we sat on the chaise lounges out back while the cats did their thing. We just chilled...or as Avery said, "we're relaxin"

When we got to school this morning, she wanted to stay in the car and listen to the Dixie Chicks' version of "The Rainbow Connection" that I play for her sometimes. So...I started playing it and she sang along, "...rainbows are visions...but only illusions...and rainbows have nothing to hide..."
She had the tune and the words absolutely right.

No comments: