Monday, April 07, 2008

SuperAwful

Okay, what is it that I don't get about Seth Rogan? I'm no prude (I think the Farrelly brothers are quite adept at being gross while still being funny), but I cannot help but be disgusted by his graphic filth -- which is mostly at the expense of true comedy. His writing is the same as his acting...he's never met a scene that he cannot make way longer than it needs to be, to the point of sucking every last bit of possible humor right out of it.

A handful of people that I know have good senses of humor told me to rent "Superbad" and that it was hilarious. It totally left me scratching my head. Seriously...what is it that I'm missing? I also hated "Knocked Up." If you want audiences to believe that a gorgeous, successful woman is going to fall for a fat, sloppy pot head you need to give him some qualities that make him somewhat likable.

Ugh. What a waste of celluloid.

No comments: