Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Tweener Years Are Gonna Rock

Avery was being adorable this weekend (it's what she does). At one point I said to her, "I don't want to you grow up too fast and leave me." To which she replied, "I will grow up fast, but I will come back and visit you because I love you."

And when we were driving in the car later that same day, I said to her, "Look at all the pretty trees in bloom. Everything blooms and looks pretty in the spring time." And she said, "The trees and the flowers are waking up because it's spring time."

Then, to even things out, we were playing in the front yard last night, and she threw a fit at one point -- and we don't know why. She started running away from us, saying, "I'm running away. You're.not.my.friends.anymore.mommy.and.daddy." I was all like, "Canetto...she totally gets this emotional roller-coaster stuff from your side of the family." Then we both died laughing.

No comments: