Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Gimme Five

Brutalism turns five on June 15th of this year.

In 2004, I only wrote a total of 17 posts, and had no idea what I was doing. Now that I have written hundreds of posts, I know with absolute certainty what I'm doing. Procrastinating. At the risk of sounding immodest, I believe I have elevated it to an art form.

Of course there will be a celebration. And maybe I'll even give out awards. Or give away a prize. Or ask some of you to guest post leading up to the actual day. Or maybe finally fill in the "About" section of my blog. Or roll around naked on top of my bed that I have conveniently covered with a lot of money. (That has nothing to do with blogging, but I always thought it would be kinda cool.) I don't know, but I do know that I feel like celebrating and cannot believe that it will be five years.

7 comments:

dilettante07 said...

Ok--there's an excuse for a gala! Maybe you can give $ to charity or something...but we gotta do some sort of party.

If we can figure out a press angle, so much the better. And I bet you could get yourself on a lot of other blogrolls if you put something witty together (this will be a challenge for you, but we can help you with it).

Perhaps we can do a dilettante talent show as the main act?!

Dilettard07 said...

Keg party!

Brutalism said...

Dilettard07/Dilettante07 - I believe that a keg party would logically flow into a spontaneous dilettante show. As a matter of fact, I think it has on many an occasion. (If you use "talent" loosely here.)

I know! There has to be something we can do. Maybe a countdown on Facebook? A gala would be fantastic. A theme party gala...even better. The mind boggles...

dilettante07 said...

...or does the mind BLOGgle?

har har! I kill myself.

Anonymous said...

I thought the Dilettante talent was keg parties.

And seriously, why does Blogger only support deprecated HTML tags? Let me check that. was. Let's see how that goes.

Now if it supported defecated HTML, then you'd really have something. Would conform to HTML 2.0 standards, though. You know, Number 2...So in that case it would still be deprecated. All layout tables and font tags and pissing our collective pants about web safe colors. Those were the days. Oh yeah and all that fussing with isindex.

JenBC said...

Wow. I'm pretty excited about the celebration. If you do invite guest bloggers, I want to apply. But I will not provide my social or any credit card info, no matter how much of the proceeds you say will go to "Kegs for Kids" or whatever debaucherous fundraiser you put together.

I look forward to helping generate huge buzz for this remarkable event on facebook.

Brutalism said...

JenBC - Duh. Of course you're a guest blogger. And of course I need your credit card number. ha ha ha ha -- just kidding. A cashier's check would be fine.