Friday, February 13, 2009

Schleprock

As I was ready to walk out the door this morning, I saw that Seamus had vomited in the dining room right near the dining table. I got some paper towels and bent down to clean it up, then stood up and hit my head so hard on the back of one of the chairs that I learned what "seeing stars" means. If this is some kind of a concussion and I have to be hospitalized, I'm making up a much more glamorous back story for my injury. Otherwise, it's like being the person in rehab for an addiction to wine coolers. So not cool.

When I regained my bearings, I went upstairs to turn off lights and pulled the chain on the light in the closet -- which promptly broke off in my hand. I came back downstairs and poured some orange juice for Avery which overshot the cup, getting juice all over my hand and the counter. When I got to work, I opened our power bill on line -- almost FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! This is more than $150 more than it has ever been.

I'd like the Friday the 13th dark cloud removed, please.

4 comments:

dilettante07 said...

Dear god, just go home and go to bed and start over tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better, our gas bill was about $600 last month (insert flatulence joke here).

Anonymous said...

Marge--yours is a butt that truly won't quit. Five dollars? What?

Anonymous said...

At least you were not flying to Buffalo!!!!!

Brutalism said...

MBPrehm - no kidding...that does put it in perspective, huh? Scary stuff.
KevStar - ?