I do this once a year and then I hate myself in the morning. I stayed up until almost midnight last night watching the Oscar telecast. I feel so dirty. And now, I'm bringing you along for my walk of shame:
1) I'm a latecomer to this whole Hugh Jackman extravaganza. I have never seen the guy in anything and thought "sexiest man alive? really?" However, based on the interviews I've seen and things I've read about him lately -- I'm a fan. The guy is gracious, grateful, his wife is eight years older (cougar), they have two adopted kids (mixed race, by design, because he knew that mixed race kids were harder to place), he had some tough times in his life (mom abandoned him as a small child), yet he seems like a happy guy. Even says of the paparazzi, "Hey...I didn't get into this business to be ignored." He's refreshing and likable. Two thumbs up.
2) Sarah Jessica Parker needs to go away. If she pronounced "haute couture" as "oat couture" one more time last night, I was going to throw something at the televison set. You're not French, mon petit chou. (See how annoying that is?)
3) People I want to hang out with: Aforementioned Hugh Jackman, Ron Howard, Freida Pinto, Dev Patel, Ann Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Sean Penn, Steve Martin, Tina Fey and Danny Boyle, who bounded onstage like Tigger, because he promised his (now adult) children he would do that many years ago if he was ever to win an Oscar. People that scare me a little: Mickey Rourke, Brad Pitt and his rings, Evan Rachel Wood and Miley Cyrus.
4) Could Freida Pinto be any more gorgeous? She is flawless. And so was her dress.
5) Robert DeNiro actually has a sense of humor. Did anyone else know this?
6) I liked former Oscar winners doing a personal introduction for each of the nominees in the main categories.
7) How much do you think Jennifer Aniston loved it that neither Brad Pitt nor Angelina Jolie won their categories?
8) Overall, I was bored. I was on my computer while watching this...yet I still watched it almost all the way to the end -- giving up just before the Best Picture was announced (and that was a shocker after seven other Oscars earlier in the evening).
I need to break up with this, but we have fallen into a comfortable rut. Maybe I'll just continue to put in my time until something better comes along...