Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seeing Red

-Those NECCO conversation hearts taste like chalk. And not the delicious kind.

-I still love those little Valentine cards that we used to exchange as kids and that kids still exchange today. We'll be helping Avery address a bunch of these (the Disney princess variety) in the next couple of days.

-Canetto and I had a tradition of skiing on Valentine's Day for a few years. On one of these trips, we witnessed a couple having a massive fight. A man was screaming at a woman, "Where is it written that I have to like everything you like?" (Wouldn't it have been great if she pulled out a document, pointed, and said, "right here, in paragraph three of our relationship agreement.")

-I used to be the person who baked Valentine's cookies for the office or at least brought in candy. Now, I'm lucky if I remember my pants.

Since this holiday was tailor-made for my no-amount-of-pink-or-sparkles-or-hearts-or-candy-could-possibly-be-enough kiddo, we've made some plans to celebrate. On Friday, we're going to an art gallery in Vienna where they are having a special Valentine's Day exhibit and providing champagne and artisan chocolates. On Saturday, we're going to have a special dinner at home. ("Special" meaning one that Tim picks up so no one has to cook.) And of course, we've also bought the little bugger some candy and small gifts.

My mom tells me that Avery is what I always needed in my life, and I just didn't know it. I think she may be on to something.

XOXOXOXOXO,
Brutalism

9 comments:

Dilettard07 said...

I think that we'll be spending at least part of the big V day at Max's Taphouse in Baltimore, where this weekend is 72 Hours of Belgium. What could say "I love you" better than 120 Belgian beers on tap?

Max's Taphouse

Brutalism said...

Dilettard07 - there is no better way. That's why you and the Dilettart have such a good relationship.

dilettante07 said...

Oh yeah, well you're a dile-ho!

Brutalism said...

Dilettramp07 - I know you are, but what am I?

dilettante07 said...

A dile-trollop

Brutalism said...

Diletturd

Dilettard07 said...

Dilly Bar. D'Leotard. Dial-a-fart. Where will it all stop?!

Can't you all just get along?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Krennie is right. You are a natural with Avery. But you didn't really need her when you were walking across broken glass in an abandoned cul-de-sac. That's right, I said cul-de-sac.

Brutalism said...

Lil Miss Miami Pants -- I'll have you know that whilst I was writing this post I was thinking about a simpler time...a time when I made Easter baskets for my boyfriend and oldest, dearest friend, Kath. And how I could not wait to see the joy on their faces as they saw the gifts and candy I had selected carefully for each of them. And how they each dove into their baskets, immediately comparing who got what and complaining that the other had received the better basket.