Sunday, March 01, 2009

Alley Oop

Avery and I met Canetto and our neighbor, Craig, at the Patriot Center last night for Mason's last Men's basketball home game of the season. Tim and Craig went early to get tickets (good thing they did -- the game sold out).

As Avery and I were driving there, she was all laid back in her car seat -- feet stretched out and on the passenger seat in front of her, relaxed. She asked for some music, so I scanned the radio trying to find something she'd like.

I passed a station playing "Don't You Want Me?" by the Human League and asked her, "How's this?" She scrunched up her face and thought for second and said, "I don't like it." I asked why. She said, "Um...it's a little too crazy for me."

The game was great -- Mason beat Towson and set a school record by winning every single home game this season -- also, they are the number two seed going into the CAA tournament -- pretty exciting stuff!

Highlights of the game experience for Avery were (in order): ice cream cone, Cheetos, watching the cheerleaders, and watching the (new) mascot. The mascot really intrigued her. She asked if he talked, and I explained that mascots never talk during the game -- it's part of the whole mascot deal. She asked if the mascot talked at home to his mommy and daddy. Which is really pretty great if you think about it. Can you imagine a whole family of mascots sitting around the dinner table and talking about their workdays?

This morning, we watched "Bottle Rocket" -- one of my additions to our Netflix list. I'd heard great things about this movie. My assessment? Enh.

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
Brutalism

1 comment:

Cockey said...

I laughed out loud about your mascot dinner table joke. Actually to be quite truthful I "snotted" on myself because I laughed through my nose. Note to self: Blow nose before reading Brutalism. Oh and I am jealous it is snowing there. I miss the snow. Though it was in the 70's and 80's all weekend here. So I guess I can't bitch. Actually I can. I don't know what I would do if the day ever did come where I couldn't bitch.