Sunday, September 21, 2008

Prost!


Oktoberfest 2008, What I Learned:

1) When I walk through a crowded party with a huge tray of hot pretzels and proclaim, "something hot and delicious coming through...oh, and I have pretzels, too" -- I am the one who is laughing the hardest.

2) German words? Inherently funny.

3) Every year, it becomes funnier to discuss who likes the short, fat wieners (knackwurst) and who likes the longer, thinner ones (brats).

4) My friends can drain a keg in less than three hours.

5) Some years, we are smart enough to not jump in the pool.

6) That it make take a few minutes on Sunday morning to recall why there are ten thousand goldfish crackers crunching underfoot, one in my bed and a few in the sun room (along with some kind of pharmaceutical).

2 comments:

Dilettard07 said...

For the record on the keg:

It was 50 liters (a bit more than 100 pints).

Setup of my patent pending, classy CO2 powered draft system was complete at 5:45.

Most guests arrived between 6:30 and 7:30.

There were, what, 35 people, maybe less?

We kicked the keg at 10:30. We RULE!

Brutalism said...

I thought the same thing. I was very, very proud of that fact. Especially when you consider that a) Amy was drinking almost nothing, same with Michael and maybe Steven b) Andrew never drinks and c) there must have been at least a few other designated drivers in the mix (not to mention my in-laws, who each drank one glass of wine).

So it was really probably more like 25-30 people carrying the load.