Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Duh - Drinking!

This week's Patch column is up. It's about how my husband and I have stayed married for almost twelve years even though we are very different people. (You read it here first -- my husband and I are not conjoined twins.)

How have we achieved this? One word: Beer.

I kid because I love.

Beer.

Check it out.

UPDATE: My Oakton Patch editor (Hi, Nicole!) just e-mailed me to let me know that someone found my column about traveling to Indonesia by doing a search for "diaper fetish." I feel legitimized as a writer.

UPDATE 2: My friend, Jeff, told me last night that he is currently filming a movie with Leo DiCaprio and is in a scene where he speaks to him. I, of course, asked that he please lick Leo for me. He wrote back, "Well, the film is about J. Edgar Hoover, so that action is probably written into the script already."

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That made me laugh because a)it was such a good one, and b)when my husband and I were looking at houses after we first got married, we looked at one house where an old couple lived and they had a cute country-charmish sign by the back door that said, "Back door guests are best!" and Mitch and I both looked at each other and snickered like seventh graders. I knew it was true love then.

p.s. back door guests are not all that great.

Brutalism said...

Sarah - Yes -- your husband is a keeper. I MUST have that sign. I had a friend whose mom gave him a sign for his home bar that said, "poker in the front, liquor in the rear" -- obviously not understanding the true meaning of the sign at all.

Or perhaps she did. Eeewwww....

Moooooog35 said...

I was married for almost 15 before we got divorced.

So, don't worry, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Brutalism said...

Moooooog - You should have married someone who thought back door guests were the best...