Monday, October 01, 2007

Free Is Good

Because Canetto is a big muckety-muck at his company, his boss (a HUGE muckety-muck) not only invites him to golf all the time (which Canetto claims is "work" - hah!), but has also just given us his house on Bald Head Island for a week in November. I love being near the water in the off-season -- I think growing up in a beach town made me appreciate the times without tourists the most.

I'm not too familiar with this area, though I know it has lots of nature preserves and you have to take a ferry to the island and can only get around via golf cart or bicycle once you're there. http://www.baldheadisland.com/

Also, the house is absolutely gorgeous. I see a lot of golf for Canetto; and a lot of biking, reading and drinking bloody marys for me. Avery -- well, I guess she's just on her own. (snarf!)

Again -- getting to live like we're rich without actually BEING rich. It really is all who you know.

(And, P.S., not that I'm keeping score -- but it's ABOUT TIME that Canetto ponied up with a free vacation for us, considering all of the free vacations that my jobs have provided us over the years: Chicago; New York City; Atlanta; Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Hawaii; Myrtle Beach, SC; New Orleans; Jamaica; Young Island; Ireland; Austin and San Antonio, TX; and the Hyatt Resort in Chesapeake Beach, MD. And, as I recall, there was some pretty awesome golfing in Ireland and Coeur d'Alene. Damn. I'm the best wife, ever.)

No comments: