Monday, February 23, 2009

I Have My Limits

Avery and I had a difference of opinion this morning. I thought she should get dressed for school and she thought I should mind my own business, dammit.

I made her get dressed and then she stormed off to her room. (We are already stockpiling alcohol for the teen years.) She whimpered in there for a few minutes, then came into my room and asked, "Mommy? Do you still love me?"

Because I needed to make a point, I replied, "No, I don't. I also don't love your father, and never have. And while we're at it? There's no Santa Claus."

(Okay, okay -- I actually scooped her up and gave her a big huge hug and told her that I loved her more than anything in the world, for always and no matter what. Well...unless she becomes a lawyer...)

1 comment:

JenBC said...

I hope the vegemite isn't some kind of punishment. I love that she has such strong opinions.

When she throws a classic curveball at you like this, do you find yourself checking for Candid Camera -- or some more hip equivalent?