Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Sound Of Things Falling Apart

(Stealing the title of this post from the name of a mix tape that a guy I hooked up with during my years at JMU made for me. I thought he was the coolest -- especially because he cut out the letters from magazines and taped them onto the cassette.)

But I digress. The sound of things falling apart is what I am faced with every morning lately. In addition to my pre-op left knee, I'm fairly certain that the right knee will also require surgery in the not-too-distant future; I seem to have a repetitive stress injury in my elbow (probably from typing on the computer -- blogging helps (snarf)); and my jaw is so sore right now that I cannot chew food. (I know there's a joke in here somewhere about that never happening BEFORE I got married...but I'll skip it, thanks.)

And now I'm becoming one of those people that cannot stop talking about their freaking ailments...because the freaking ailments are taking over my life.

In addition to scheduling a trillion doctors' appointments, I have taken to drinking my dinner (and not just because I can't chew...if you know what I'm saying.)

No comments: