Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's A Nice Girl Like Me Doing With A Joint Like This?

Those who know me know that I'm not one to gloat, but let me just say this: my patellar retinaculum is intact. Moreover, my lateral meniscus is normal and my ACL and PCL are intact. (Take THAT, girls who were mean to me in junior high!)

In case you're wondering, I got the results of my MRI and went over them with my doctor this morning. My doctor kept tossing in words like, "effusion" and "myositis" -- which meant I kept tossing in words like, "huh" and "what?"

Bottom line: I need arthroscopic surgery on my left knee. Good times. Because, really, isn't surgery a treat? Especially when it doesn't result in better boobs or fewer wrinkles?

Poop.

(My elephantitis hit an all-time low yesterday -- so freakishly gross that I showed it to a guy I work with. Even through my jeans he could see how swollen and disgusting my knee was. He was very sympathetic, though -- and referred to me as "thunder knees" for the rest of the day.)

No comments: