Tuesday, July 08, 2008

At Least All The Swear Words Got Beeped Out

Last night, things were a little tense at the Canetto household. No one over 30 pounds is sleeping, huge bills keep popping up for random stuff and work is stressful for both of us. I figured I'd give Tim some time alone to do some work and offered to take the Pants to Target...you know, to buy the nipples and chapstick we so desperately need.

We got her 85 pounds of gear required to leave the house and packed it into the car, then opened the garage door. I put the key into the ignition and then...BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...at an approximate decibel level of SKULL BEING SPLIT OPEN SLOWLY WITH A RUSTY NAIL.

Tim came running out into the garage so we could figure out how to turn the damn thing off. We couldn't. Avery started freaking out, so we untethered her from her car seat and got her into the house, then we closed the garage door so our neighbors would not kill us, and then finally the alarm stopped. So, I did what anyone would do...tried again. And...BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (times a hundred million).

At this point, our next-door neighbor had come over and was ringing the doorbell to make sure that everything was okay. (For a total paranoid freak like me...I cannot tell you how much I love that our neighbors actually come over when they see or hear anything out of the ordinary. I love that people are looking out for us.)

Deciding not to push our luck further, when the alarm stopped...I migrated everything into Tim's car and we took that to Target. All the way to the store, in her little worried voice, Avery kept saying, "what's wrong with the car, mommy?"

Poor little thing. Either she truly was traumatized or she was banking on the fact that I'm a soft touch...all I know is that she ended up with some Hello Kitty underpants.

No comments: