Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You Said It, Sister!

When I pulled into the parking lot at Avery's school this morning, there were no available parking spots. This is becoming a more common occurrence as is my level of frustration when this is the case.

I groaned and said sarcastically, "oh, that's just great -- no parking again" and then Avery said (with a big smile on her face), "that's exasperating."

When I stopped laughing, I asked her where she learned that word. She said, "school."
Of course. I'm sure if I taught a roomful of two-year-olds every day, "exasperating" would be on my "frequently used words list" as well.

I mentiond this to her teacher, Esmat. She was not surprised at all that Avery repeated this since Avery picks up everything that anyone says. She told me that yesterday Avery said, "I live in Oakton, Virginia and my grandma lives in Virginia Beach. It's her birthday."

I wonder if there is a way to make money with this?

No comments: