Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Krennie!

Today is my mom's birthday -- she's 64. She had two kids by the time she was 22. I'm sure it was not easy at the time (mainly because of my sister -- I was a joy of a baby -- easy, non-clingy, very even-tempered -- stop laughing, mom), but how nice is it now to be the young, cool grandma?

We're heading to Va. Beach tomorrow to celebrate with her. ("We" either being me and the Pants or the whole fam damily -- yet TBD.) We're going to pick blueberries, go to the beach, go out to dinner and go shopping. It will be a full, fun weekend.

My kiddo is always excited to visit Grandma and Jack. She has already had me paint her toenails a sparkly pink and packed her flip flops in preparation. I'm sure she'll be on me tonight about packing the sunscreen...she's pretty vigilant about that.

No comments: