That says more about me than you know.
This year's? An homage to Annie Leibovitz's iconic photo of Keith Haring:
|There's Annie Peepovitz taking the photo.|
With a Barbie camera.
|Peep Haring originally had an "appendage" made|
from a Barbie microphone. I removed it before
submitting. I'm confident I will regret that decision.
had an insanely busy few months and was unable to contribute. I wrote about our win in about four thousand posts on the topic, detailing our journey from the construction of the diorama, to when we found out we were finalists, through our trip to Chicago to deliver the diorama, to getting interviewed on television, to winning second place. To say this was a highlight of my year (fine...my life) would be
- TMI on so many levels
- It's like the Oscars -- for Peeps
- Chicago is Fueling the Nerd Fire
- And so it begins
- Photo Essay of the Diorama visiting the DC area
- We can almost taste it (Victory, that is. But also Peeps.)
- I give...and I give....and I give (our Peeps victory-fueled Brutalism/Patch contest)
- Diorama Delivery Adventure - Part 1 - Milwaukee
- Diorama Delivery Adventure - Part 2 - Chicago
- Diorama Delivery Adventure - Third and final part
- Television coverage of us in Chicago delivering the diorama
- And of course, the Big win - in "We're Number Two!"
Our Chicago win also won us the opportunity to display our diorama along with the Washington Post contest winners at Artisphere in Arlington, Virginia, for a month:
|On display! In a real art gallery! (Ask me how many people I dragged to this...)|
Hillary was also my partner in creating many losing entries in prior years:
|Steve Jobs meets St. Peepter 2012|
|Blue Peep Group - 2010|
|WGA Writer's Strike 2008|
And my first, lame entry into the world of Peeps dioramas:
|Peepless in Seattle 2007|
|Festivus. For the rest of us.|
We are already plotting next year's entry. And not to give anything away, but let's just say that Serrano is a huge influence and we're looking for a way to waterproof marshmallows.
Yours in Peeps,
***CHECK THIS OUT: Today's post was quoted in the Washington Post Express newspaper. They always come to me for insight on the hard-hitting issues:
UPDATE: The Washington Post Style Blog actually featured my diorama in a post about dioramas based on famous works of art. Click here to read this. (Hey -- it's something...)