Friday, June 20, 2008

I Like vIKE

Up until the past few days, I never really understood pill addictions.

Alcoholism I can get behind: booze tastes good. It is always served in social settings. It's fun. Even pot. There is at least an action associated with it. It smells good. I can see why people do it. (Even though I don't.)

But pills? You swallow 'em down and then you're done. They're about as satisfying as eating a rice cake.

This week I became enlightened. My post-surgery knee has been giving me some pain so I tried the prescription I got for Vicodin. A couple of pills give me a little happy buzz and make the pain go away.

Right now, I'm just looking forward to them...it's not a problem until I start to need them. Right? I mean, I can quit any time I want to.

2 comments:

Dilettard07 said...

BEER!

Dilettard07 said...

Dilettante07 sez I am a fucking idiot. Or something.