Wednesday, June 18, 2008

She Works With A Moderate Degree Of Effort For The Money (So With A Moderate Degree Of Effort For It, Honey)

I have a confession to make. I love my job. There, I said it. I love my job.

I have always been a job-hopper, figuring life was too short to stay at a job that I didn't like or work with people I didn't like. (Fortunately, I work in an area with a ton of jobs...I'm well aware that not everyone has that luxury.)

But seriously...I think this is a dream job. The work is interesting and varied enough that I don't get bored. I work 8:30 to 4:30 and not a minute more. I like and respect (and have fun with) my boss and co-workers. I can work from home whenever I want to or need to. I get paid well. They have a matching program for the 401K. My commute is short. I wear jeans to work every day. It is a rare occasion when I stress about (or even think about) work in the evenings or on the weekend.

If I had thought up an "ideal job scenario" to have when going back to work after having Avery -- this would have been it.

>ducking now to avoid rotten virtual tomatoes that Canetto is lobbing -- he's not in quite the same work situation at this moment<

Disclaimer: If I win the lottery tomorrow, you can just ignore everything I wrote above.

No comments: