Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Sugar And Spice And Everything Nice

When I walked into Avery's classroom to pick her up last night, she did her usual running leap into my arms. I gave her a big hug and then put her down so we could gather her things.

(It was at this point I noticed that her Crocs were on the wrong feet. This is why kids always think their moms know everything, because I said to her, "Wow. Did you put your own Crocs on?" and she very proudly said, "Yes. I'm a big girl.")

Her teacher said to me, "Do you want to hear a cute story from today?" (note to teachers: always). She said that one of the little girls in Avery's class was having a tough day (teacherspeak for a kid being a holy terror -- I know -- Avery has had a couple of "tough days"). This little girl finally laid down on her cot at the end of the day to take a nap. While she was trying to calm down and sleep, Avery and her friend, Kennedy, both sat next to this little girl and rubbed her back to soothe her.

>sniff<

No comments: